The statistics page is back online, click here.
Due to heavy bot and spam we just activated a pre-registration for most of our transport services. Thank you very much to Zash for this quick-n-dirty and well-working Prosody module.
From now on you have to make a pre-registration on this website before you can register to one of our transports by using your Jabber client. This pre-registration record is valid for 10 minutes, after that you would have to use our web form again.
Next to closing in-band registration for Jabber accounts this really seems to be necessary. Sorry about that…
We just updated our web register form to work with Prosody.
Due to many spam and bot registrations public in-band registration is turned off again on our server.
On the new server we activated two new public domains:
Feel free to register accounts. ;-)
In-band registration is open for now (also for the other domains migrated to Prosody already) – and might be changed as soon as possible to our web registration form which has to be changed because of our migration to Prosody.
One of the main reasons we were really looking forward for ejabberd 2.1.6 is the support of captcha for mod_register. This module handles in-band registration, which means the interface where users can register through their client. This interface is also abused by spammers. We hope that the use of captchas will prevent most spam registrations.
If you client does not support captcha you well see a url where you can see the captcha in your browser window.
We noticed that buddies in Jabber roster are now renamed into the original names from the legacy networks, e.g. ICQ or Facebook.
This affects just local transport users as remote roster only works on the same server.
Sorry about that… But now the rosters are synced and renaming the contacts will also rename the contacts in the legacy network roster. If renaming in the legacy network is not supported the databases of Jabber and the transport service are synced anyway.
We just restarted the server to activate Remote roster. What is that?
What’s Remote roster?
Remote roster is protoXEP which allows your server to synchronize legacy network contact list with your users’ rosters. Currently it works only for local users (users registered on the same server which supports this protoXEP). It’s available for Ejabberd 2.1.x and Prosody.
Why should I use it?
It allows to your users following features:
- When they register their account and login for first time, they won’t receive lots of subscribe presences or Roster Item Exchanged stanza. All their legacy network buddies just appear in their roster with proper groups and nicknames.
- When they will unregistering their account, buddies are just removed from their rosters without need of unsubscribing them.
- When they rename some buddy in their Jabber roster, it’s renamed also in legacy network.
- When they move some buddy into different groups, it’s moved also in legacy network.
- All changes made in legacy network when transport is disconnected are synchronized with Jabber account once they become online in Jabber.
Taken from Spectrum website.
Since today there is a new transport online: Identi.ca
The JID is identica.jabber.hot-chilli.net.
Have fun with it! :-)